(OK I already used that gimmick but the cause is still worth it):
Casa Alianza CD #2 is out. Buy it and contribute to the fight for taking kids off the streets in Central America.
Check out the playlist here. 12 great Swiss artists have contributed to this edition including William White and Tiger the Lion.
Music for a good cause (bis repetita):
This time a little more selfish. Music for my mental sanity! I bought a great pile of CDs last time I went to town (always an event!). They now keep me awake when I put many long and late hours at the office. Some tracks tend to top the playlist for different reasons, here's a short list:
- "Scared" by Albert Hammond Jr
This track is kind of soft for my tastes yet I keep playing it. Something to go with my mood these day! The album is pretty cool and melancholic. Trivia: Hammond is also one of the lead guitars of The Stokes. - "The young idealist" and "How wrong can you be?"by Lloyd Cole
Lloyd is back. How cool? His new album is 100% true to the best of his older stuff. Mellow, lyrical and sometimes quite funny, Listen to the lyrics of "The Young Idealist" and you'll see what I mean! Some of you might even be able to identify! - "I don't feel like dancing" by Scissors Sisters
That's just what I need around 21.00 when my energy is waning and my stomach cries for a bite to eat. This keeps me going a little longer. - "Jupiter" by An Pierlé
A gem in the middle of a wonderful album. Saw her in concert recently and I was taken immediately. Funnily I discovered her in 2004 via the Tanger-Glasgow on Couleur3. The only other girl listener who put together a programme had a song by Pierlé in it and that was the beginning of that! - "The art of letting go" by Eskobar
One of my favourite nordic bands. Smooth voice and catchy melodies with a twist of drama. This track is a perfect example of that. - "Tricycle" by Psapp
I love their stuff! And now I am almost desperate because they are becoming mainstream. Thanks to Grey's Anatomy! - "Quiet town" by Josh Rouse
If you ask anybody in Switzerland if they know Josh Rouse you'll get a big blank. Ask them if they can hum the song from the UBS ad and they'll do that without any problem. Well, they're humming Josh Rouse's "Winter in the Hampton" from his previous album. This track opens the new one called Subtitulo, a definite favourite in the recent months!
Until then ... "Stay out of trouble" as the Kings of Convenience would say!
No comments:
Post a Comment