
Can someone please tell me why there is only spam in my e-mail inbox this Christmas? This is kind of depressing really. Luckily we were spared SPAM on the table for Christmas lunch! Honestly, how do we get people to write to each other again? To take the time to sit and reflect on what to tell others, to actually work that out for oneself!
The end of a year is for most of us a moment to take stock. One can do it lightheartedly or ... not -- which one to choose?
2006 was not a year to go down in history and yet a few small things happened to brighten the picture:
- Spending Easter time with Polona and Luka in Ljubljana -- a definite high point;
- Managing to bring down my working time to 90% -- another small victory even if the 90% is illusionary, the additional days off are definitely real;
- Finding amazing new people on my path and hoping that solid friendships will come out of these encounters.
Yet something will need to happen in 2007 for my mind to be completely at peace. Somehow difficult to pinpoint. I seem to be at a stage where I start to feel that something is missing in my life. Maybe the ability to make a difference in the wider sense? Maybe simply becoming me again. I hear you guys saying I am simply going through the famous mid-life crisis. Maybe!
So you will have guessed, my new year resolutions will include getting back on the right path. Making sure that I don't just sit on my butt. You see me do that? Coax me!
The end of a year is for most of us a moment to take stock. One can do it lightheartedly or ... not -- which one to choose?
2006 was not a year to go down in history and yet a few small things happened to brighten the picture:
- Spending Easter time with Polona and Luka in Ljubljana -- a definite high point;
- Managing to bring down my working time to 90% -- another small victory even if the 90% is illusionary, the additional days off are definitely real;
- Finding amazing new people on my path and hoping that solid friendships will come out of these encounters.
Yet something will need to happen in 2007 for my mind to be completely at peace. Somehow difficult to pinpoint. I seem to be at a stage where I start to feel that something is missing in my life. Maybe the ability to make a difference in the wider sense? Maybe simply becoming me again. I hear you guys saying I am simply going through the famous mid-life crisis. Maybe!
So you will have guessed, my new year resolutions will include getting back on the right path. Making sure that I don't just sit on my butt. You see me do that? Coax me!
No comments:
Post a Comment