
Complicated (and gritty) keyboards
Originally uploaded by egoes
Here a pic taken by my friend Enrique while on the road in Thailand. Made me smile because I have had quite a few keyboard discussions recently, so it just seemed fitting.
Let me tell you more about why keyboards are a topic of discussion...
My work keyboard has a broken "leg"... that is, it won't stay level and it is driving me bananas. So I ventured out and starting looking at potential replacements.
I fell in love with the flat Mac keyboard, sooooo "sweet" but the alt and apple key are reversed compared to a PC keyboard (sigh). I guess I would get used to it :-)
Then I thought that a keyboard with a touchpad (aka a cat) would be cool to have. With that I could reduce the time my arm spends extended over a mouse and -- thus -- help reduce my shoulder tendinitis (still going on - re-sigh). I found a few but so far it does not look good for a Swiss French layout (re-re-sigh).
Then my friend Chris asked if he could borrow a keyboard to enter some stuff faster into his iTunes library. "Sure!" I said. Off I went and found my old keyboard in the attic (white - yuk!) and happily brought it with me for him. Silly me forgot that the PS/2 adapter is no more a fixture on modern laptops (re-re-re sigh). ended up having to "borrow" a keyboard from a colleague's desk... but don't tell anyone!
So you see keyboard are at the forefront on my mind these days. Fascinating life I live!
1 comment:
This is a very complicated and gritty keyhboards all botton is very funny.
Post a Comment